HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!
MEETINGS & NEWS
Meetings are at Old Library in Belleville Town Square unless otherwise noted.
** NEXT BOARD MEETING – MAY 14, 2019 – 6:30 PM
MAY 14, 2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Further discussion was had on membership by-law changes. President Groffy will contact our attorney to schedule a meeting on the subject.
2/25/2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OFFICERS were approved via email on March 1, 2019: President: Ron Groffy, Vice President: Steve Przybyl, Treasurer: Carol Eberhardy and Secretary: Sue Bonacker.
2/25/2019 ANNUAL MEETING
Members voted $1,000 toward the 2019 Summer Music In The Park program.
10/23/2018 BOARD MEETING
The Stoughton Norwegian Dancers have been hired for $500 for March 3, 2019 at the Belleville High School Gym.
By-law changes regarding membership were discussed.
Next Membership Annual meeting followed by Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Monday 2/25/2019 at 6:30 PM.
5/22/2018 BOARD MEETING
A REVIEW of membership definition and treatment will be made to update various aspects of membership.
Carol will contact the Stoughton Norwegian Dancers for consideration as a future program.
2/26/2018 BOARD MEETING
BYLAW changes were approved updating Board and member meeting notices to include other forms of notice via fax, email, etc; and expands directors methods to participate in meetings besides being present.
A couple Belleville High School students have agreed to design and maintain a Facebook page for the BACF as part of community service. Ron Groffy agreed to work with them.
Ron Groffy has digitalized over 700 pages of BACF documents, minutes etc,
Officers elected were: Ron Groffy – President, Steve Pryzbyl – VP, Carol Eberhard – Treasurer and Sue Bonaker – Secretary.
A $1000 donation as a “Lover of the Library” membership was approved for the Belleville Library Capitol Building Campaign.
2/26/2018 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Jon Heller of BNG Investment Services updated the Board and membership on our BACF portfolio.
Bronna Lehmann appeared at the membership meeting to thank the Foundation for its past support of the “Music In The Park” series. The BACF approved $1000.00 in support of the series for 2018.
Three candidates for the Board’s 2018-2021 Term were elected: Jerry Remy, Jill Remy and Kim Goke.
New members in 2017 were John & Jill Remy, Robert & Meredith Smith.
The BACF will offer a $500 Fine Arts scholarship again this year.
12/5/2017 BACF DIRECTORS MEETING
Directors reviewed some By-Laws provisions regarding membership and directors notifications on meetings with Attorney Fahey who will update the by-laws for future directors’ review.
10/16/2017 BACF DIRECTORS MEETING
New Members: Robert and Meridith Smith
Discussion followed on State protection of liabilities of Directors, officers and members in most regards.
Sections of our Attorney’s letter on notice of meeting rules and Bylaws were discussed. Atty Fahey will be asked to review bylaws with Directors at our next meeting.
Ron Groffy will digitize past BACF records.
5/1/17 BACF DIRECTORS MEETING
New Members: Jon Heller, Jill and John Remy.
New Director: Jill Remy to replace Stu Shapiro for his term that expires in 2018.
Directors and Officers insurance to be reviewed as business liability policy does not cover.
No applications were received for this year’s BACF Fine Arts Scholarship.
Sue will see if we can handout brochures at the High School “Jazz in the Park” concert.
Jerry will contact Suzette Alstyne to see if students might design a Facebook page for the BACF.
Next Director’s meeting to be October 16, 2017, 6:30PM at Old Library.
2/27/17 BACF DIRECTORS MEETING
The Board met to conduct business following the Annual Meeting.
New offers were elected for one-year terms as follows: Ron Groffy as President, Steve Pryzbyl as V.P., Carol Eberhardy as Treasurer, Sue Bonacker as Secretary.
A $750 contributions to sponsor the “Music in the Park” series this summer, 2017 was approved.
Next Director’s meeting on May 1, 2017, 6:30 PM at the Old Library.
2/27/17 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
The Belleville Area Cultural Foundation held its Annual Membership Meeting on February 27, 2017.
In 2016, the Foundations awarded a $500 scholarship to Lauren Severson who is pursuing a degree in theater management at U.W. Whitewater. For the forth year BACF received public recognition for co-sponsoring “Music in the Park” along with the Friends of the Library and Chamber of Commerce.
A financial review of the BACF was made and discussed. New Directors were elected for 3-year term included Gary Bahr, Jeanine Mabis and Ron Groffy.
Possible new programs were discussed as well as ideas to promote new memberships. New members are welcomed and can learn more about the Foundation at bellevillearts.com.
Members strongly urged the foundation to continue support of the “Music in the Park” series.
Next annual membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:30 pm.
10/10/16 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
Previous Meeting Minutes and Treasurer’s Report were approved.
New Members: William Wilcox and Julie Portor.
Chris Santos-Lang explained the goals of the Citizen Science group of Belleville.
Bronna Lehman sent a letter asking BACF to consider support of Micheal Perry program in April 2017. $100 was approved.
Gary checked with Atty. Bill Fahey on our Public Supported Charity status: 10% of annual support must come from contributions ( like dues), then interest income OK.
5/9/16 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
Minutes of the last meeting and the Treasurer’s Report were approved.
$300 had been approved by email vote of April 16th as our contribution to a Dairy Day Band.
$1000 will be transferred from a CD or LPL fund to the checking account.
Lauren Page was approved for the $500 BACF Scholarship.
2/29/16 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
Minutes of previous Board Meeting and Treasury Report were approved.
Support of a Dairy Day band will be considered.
Election of Officers were as follows:
President: Mark Dohm
Vice-President: Steve, Prztbyl
Secretary: Sue Bonacker
Treasurer: Carol Eberhardy
2/29/16 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
The President, Mark Dohm, reviewed the Foundation’s activities during 2015.
Rick Francois appeared asking for support of the “Music In The Park”. Our dollar contribution would be decided later after the Treasurer’s Report.
Jon Heller, LPL Financial advisor, appeared with a review of our investment and the Stock Market.
Secretary Minutes and Treasurer’s Report were read.
Election of Directors Carol Eberhardy, Steven Przybyl and Susan Bonacker was made, each for a 3-year term
New Members: Kurt Neumann and Christine Belle
$1000 support for the “Music In The Park” program was approved.
10/19/15 BOARD MEETING:
- Treasurer reported account balances and a discussion of CD and Investment Account followed.
- Dairy Days will be the 3rd week of June 2016 and the BACF plans to participate.
- A new Treasurer is needed to replace Joan Root who wishes to step down.
- A member appeared to discuss dealing with the loud talking and bike riding in the Library Park during concerts. This will be discussed with our Concert Series partners. Suggestions were discussed.
8/11/2015 BOARD MEETING
- A written Reserve Fund Policy was adopted.
- A program for Dairy Days in 2016 will be considered.
5/19/2015 BOARD MEETING
* A written investment policy is being considered.
* The “Artist In Residence” program is being investigated.
* A $500 scholarship for each of two students was approved.
2/23/2015 BOARD MEETING
* A Christian Concent programs is under discussion for a future program.
* $750 was approved for Summer Concert Series if we are asked to fund part of the cost.
* A $500 fine arts scholarship will be offered a worthy student applicant in 2015.
2/23/2015 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
* President reviewed activities in 2014.
* New Officers were elected.
* John Heller updated the Board on our LPL Investment fund.
* A written Investment Policy was discussed.
* New members recently added in the past year were recognized.
11/03/2014 BOARD MEETING
* 5 New members were added from work of Sue Bonacker and Carol Eberharty!
* Broard invested $25,000 of funds in a moderate growth managed investement fund.
* A program is needed and the Board is open for suggestions.
5/19/2014 BOARD MEETING
* Further discussion of investment opportunities were discussed and will be continued in future meeting.
* Three applications were reviewed by the Board for our $500 annual scholarship and a winner was selected to be disclosed at school’s awards day.
2/24/2014 ANNUAL DIRECTORS’ MEETING
* Board of Directors Meeting – After Annual Members Meeting
* Approved a $25,000 in a Management Investment Fund through the Sugar River Bank.
2/24/2014 – ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 7PM – Old Library Building
* Great Turnout! Members had great input on new members, programs, website info and more.
* Election of Directors. Three directors were renewed for another 3 year term: Gary Bahr, Mark Dohm and Jeanine Mabis.
* Artist in Residence program at the Intermediate School was approved in the amount of 1/3 of the program cost or $600. Partners wold likely be the school and PTO.
Belleville Area Cultural Foundation * POB 406 * Belleville, WI 53508
Copyright 2015 * BACF * All Rights Reserved